Who we’re looking for:
You are the type of person who thrives on taking care of things the right way the first time. A task comes in and you figure out how to get it done without having to ask a lot of questions. You enjoy problem solving and know how to ask the right questions. When you say “I will take care of it” we know it will be done well. You get excited when you know you’ve made someone else’s day easier. If you love organizing and managing logistics, that is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Must be customer service oriented and engaging when communicating with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate a high degree of organization, attention to detail, creativity, ability to plan, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and research skills.
- Strong willingness to do whatever is needed to complete tasks from start to finish.
- Experience in project planning, tracking, and implementation.
- Familiarity with social media.
In addition to the requirements outlined above, candidates must possess ability to work independently and collaboratively. You must be able to take both initiative and guidance while maintaining a positive attitude.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Responded to a handful of calls and a high volume of emails by providing information to meet our constituents’ needs
- Received project instructions verbally or via email and carried out each point successfully
- Took the initiative to play amateur detective to research and locate information via the internet or by phone and stayed on the task until the desired information was located
- Proof-read materials created by other team members for accuracy
- Used Microsoft Outlook to schedule conference calls and meetings
- Updated PowerPoint presentations for upcoming webinars
- Created and managed project check-list to ensure timely completion and accuracy of tasks by several team members and vendors
- Sent out mass mailings using Mail Chimp
- Researched and collected price quotes and created a matrix to analyze prices and other variables
- Arranged printing of publications, displays, awards, and tablecloths with various vendors
If you can take accurate notes based on verbal discussions, successfully implement verbal or written instructions, are comfortable in a high paced environment, take initiative, and can follow through on tasks or projects to completion, we definitely want to hear from you. If you are comfortable with producing mediocre work we’re not the right fit for you.
If this job sounds like something you’d love to do everyday, please send a cover letter addressing the listed qualifications, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.